Sunday, August 3, 2008

I know it's been a long time since the last post-- we've been having computer issues. This may be my last post from Alaska. Rayna and I have less than 2 weeks before we leave. I was hoping we would get to do more around here before we left but it just hasn't panned out. The weather's been pretty crappy and John's been working nights. But last week we went out to McHugh Creek and hiked around. It was perfect-- John's one day off that week that he didn't have to do anything and the one day it wasn't cloudy or rainy. Here's Rayna hiking with John.




Here is Rayna sitting in front of McHugh Creek.

Here you can see the Turnagain arm (the water) in the background. I'm definitely going to miss scenery like this.






Here's a picture from the most recent "photo shoot" that Carina did with Rayna and Abigail. They're both 11 months now and unfortunately we won't get to see them grow together anymore.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Kara,

Your post made me tear up. Abigail and I are going to miss you and Rayna. We'll have to keep up through e-mail and photos. I'm glad you got to do McHugh Creek. Praise God for His blessing you all with a pretty day.
Love, Carina

Aunt "B" said...

Rayna looks so much like I remember John looking as a little kid. I am excited for you guys to be a little closer; maybe we can actually see each other a little more often. I updated our blog, check it out!