Thursday, August 30, 2007

She's Here!




Well, Rayna Kae


finally decided it was time to come out. She was born August 26th at 3:03 am. She was 6 lb 14 oz and 21 inches-- so she is long and skinny. We were really blessed with a good labor and delivery. John's mom got in at 4 in the afternoon and by about 7 I was having regular contractions. We went in to the hospital at about 12:30 and she was born at 3. I was only in active labor for a little over 2 hours.




Unfortunately we had to stay in the hospital for 4 days (which is why I'm only now posting this). There turned out to be nothing wrong, but her respiratory rate was high and they had to run all kinds of tests. But God blessed us with a healthy baby and I was able to get 4 days of rest in the hospital.











6 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful. We're really excited for you all. Glad everything went well and I'll try to call next week sometime.

Katherine said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!
Kat Hunter

Unknown said...

Yea! She's too precious! (She doesn't look one bit like a baby spider monkey! :) And what a pretty name! I'm so glad she got here just fine and without too much fuss. I just wish I could see her in person!

I was just telling myself last night that I needed to call today and find out if she was here yet! (I'll still call soon. I can’t wait to hear all about her!) Thanks for posting pictures for us. (Mom is gonna be happy about that too.) I love her polka dot going home outfit and those little bear seat belt cushion things are so cute! I know your mom will make sure you keep the pictures coming. I want to see her grow! :)

Many super-excited congratulations to you and John . . . and even Riley. Mav says to tell him just to try to keep his cool through all the crying and attention stealing for a few months. He says a year from now, he can give him some tips on how to trick Rayna into handing him a few graham crackers from her highchair. We love you guys and will keep praying for you!

Katy, Chris, & Caelyn (& Mav)

Amber said...

I think she looks like you, Kara.....does anyone else think that?

Amber

Aunt "B" said...

Oh, my! She is beautiful! I am so happy that things went smooth for you. You two will make great parents and God will richly bless you and your little family! Give her lots of love and kisses for me.

Brandi

Macslonghornfam said...

I am so proud of you both! You guys are awesome parents and I can not wait to see you all. Love Always, Dawna